CALLING ALL ARTISTS!
We’re excited to announce the first Letchworth Open, a celebration of our creative community. This is an open call for artists of ALL ages, abilities and career levels from Letchworth Garden City and the surrounding areas.
We had hoped to hold a physical exhibition at the Broadway Gallery for the Open in late summer but, due to the global health situation, this will now be postponed until we can resume our exhibition programme. However, this doesn’t stop us from opening the submission process.
The Letchworth Open is free to apply. If you live, study or work in Letchworth and the surrounding area❋ then you are eligible to apply. The deadline for submissions is 31 July.
Email your submissions to email@example.com and make sure to include the following:
* Good quality images of no more than three works. If possible, please name these files with the title of the work.
* Work details - Title, medium and size.
* Your full name and contact details including mobile number, email address and post code. If you are under 12 please could you also let us know your age.
* A brief description of your work. For example: What is your work about? What medium do you use?
* A brief biography. For example: Where did you study? Past exhibitions? Awards and achievements.
We’ll be spending the summer sharing and promoting the work submitted to the Letchworth Open so please be aware that by applying you are giving us permission to share your work on our social media platforms and website.
Once the Broadway Gallery reopens 50 artists will be selected by an independent panel of judges to be exhibited in the main gallery space.
Please help us to spread the word about the Letchworth Open by sharing this with any artist friends. We can’t wait to see your submissions!
❋Curator Kris Day has chosen an arbitrary 30 mile radius from the Broadway Gallery as the selection area. So, this means that if you’re in Bedford, Milton Keynes or studying at the University of Hertfordshire you are able to apply.